Eagles Bluff – Canada Hills 14 Homeowners Association
Resolution #1998-03 Landscape Committee
WHEREAS, Article III, Section – Committees of the Eagles Bluff – Canada Hills 14 Homeowner’s Association Bylaws grants the Board of Directors the powers and duties necessary for the administration of the affairs of the Association; and
WHEREAS, Article III, Section – Committees of the Eagles Bluff – Canada Hills 14 Homeowners Association Bylaws grants the,‑,Board of Directors the authority to “… appoint other committees as deemed appropriate in carrying out its purpose; and
NOW THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED THAT a standing Landscape Committee be established, having the following terms of reference:
The Committee shall make recommendations to the Board of Directors on all matters pertaining to the maintenance, repair, or improvement of the landscaped Common Areas of the Eagles Bluff ‑ Canada Hills 14 community, including, but not limited to:
- The maintenance, repair and improvement of landscaping at the Common Areas, and
- In fulfilling its responsibility, the Landscape Committee performs functions, which include, but are not necessarily limited to the following:
- Work with the Board of Directors to monitor the landscaping of Common Areas which meets the requirements and desires of the community, with reasonable specifications and standards for maintenance.
- On an on-going basis, monitor landscape service requests to determine if there are any trends indicating a problem.
- Assist in the development of long range planning for the most effective preservation and future of the landscaping.
- Make recommendations to the Board of Directors with respect to landscaping improvements, problems and homeowner requests.
- Review, discuss and report to the Board of Directors and Management Company any problems, concerns or recommendations made by residents regarding landscaping.
- Perform such other functions as directed by the Board of Directors.
- Inspect the areas of responsibility regularly for work performed, note problems and suggest corrective action to the managing agent and/or the Board of Directors.
- Recommend additions and/or improvements to the Committee’s area of responsibility to the Board of Directors.
- Provide recommendations to the Board of Directors for handling homeowner complaints and landscaping/maintenance requests related to the Committee’s area of responsibility.
- Formulate and recommend to the Board of Directors changes to policy, rules or regulations pertaining to landscaping.
- The Committee shall be cognizant of the Board of Directors’ overall present and future plans for the landscaping of the Common Areas as well as the irrigation system.
- Review any and all plans for improvements to the Common Areas with respect to their impact on the aesthetic quality of the area. The Committee’s recommendations will be submitted to the Board of Directors for final approval.
The subcommittee will report to the Board of Directors at its regularly scheduled meeting to keep them informed of developments and activities.
MEMBERSHIP AND MEETINGS
The Landscape Committee shall be composed of no less than three (3) and no more than five (5) members of Eagles Bluff ‑ Canada Hills 14 who shall be members in good standing throughout the term of office. The Committee shall meet at least quarterly; however, in any case shall meet as often as necessary to complete its assigned responsibilities