Date: Thursday, November 3, 2022
Time: 5:00 PM
- Cadden Management Office for Board Members
- On-Line for Association Members
CALL TO ORDER
Board Members Present:
Derald Owens – President
Hugh Mosher – Vice President
Todd Fedoruk – Secretary/Treasurer
Joe Recchio – Member at large
Management Representative: Jose Becerra – Cadden Community Management
Homeowners Present – None
QUORUM: Requirement is Three (3) directors
HOMEOWNER INPUT – None
APPROVAL OF MEETING MINUTES
MOTION: To approve the October 27, 2021 Board of Directors Meeting minutes.
- President Report
Overall the community has operated smoothly. Weeds in the front yards, and parking issues continue to be occasional problems within the community. These issues are usually resolved quickly, without further enforcement action.
Issues with inconsistent response and support from Cadden personnel was discussed. According to Cadden, they have experienced recent growth and employee turnover. Our issues have been noted and will be addressed by Cadden management.
- Treasurer Report
Financial Report for the period endinbg September 30, 2022
– Operating Account is healthy
– Reserve Account is behind schedule, with unexpected espenses for drought and monsoon damage to common area trees and vegitation.
– Homeowner Dues are up to date.
– There are no unpaid invoices.
Operating expenses ending on September 30, 2022, have generally been within budget with the exception of Landscaping. The loss of three common area trees, two to monsoon storms, and one that was causing root damage to a homeowner’s property, have exceeded our landscaping budget by $1,346. Additional common area landscaping work behind Lot 28, to remove drought-killed vegetation, was approved by the Board, and was scheduled for late October. These expenditures will exceed the year end landscaping budget by approximately $3,300.
The Board decided to consider these extra-ordinary landscaping expenses to the common areas to be capital rather than operating expenses, since these were one-time expenses (i.e. tree removals and drought-caused damage to vegetation), rather than normal maintenance work.
MOTION: To approve the financial report for September 30, 2022 as submitted.
- Manger’s Report Jose Becerra, Community Association Manager
MINUTES & AGENDA:
- The current agenda and minutes of the previous meeting have been included in the Board packet for your review prior to the meeting.
- Copies of the balance sheet, budget comparison report, and financial summary for September 2022 is included in the Board packet.
- A copy of the full financial reports for September 2022 has been forwarded to the Board of Directors.
MANAGER’S ONGOING ACTION LIST:
- Reviewed September 2022 financial reports.
- Fielded phone calls and emails from homeowners.
- Interacted with the Board members via email and telephone.
- Interacted with vendors on behalf of the association.
- Reviewed Association invoices and bills as received and coded for payments.
- Sent out violation letters as needed.
MANAGER’S COMPLETED ACTION ITEMS FROM LAST MEETING:
- Annual meeting was held in January 2022
- Provided board with the updated Attachment A Effective August 01, 2022.
- Drafted 2023 budget
- Entryway solar lighting reimbursement
The Board approved payment to reimburse Todd Fedoruk for the purchase of the replacement solar lights.
- Community Garage Sale – November 5
An Ad has been posted on Craig’s List and ‘A-Frame’ signs will be placed along Naranja Drive for this Garage Sale.
- Draft Budget for 2023
Addressing extra-ordinary landscaping expenses as capital expenses will reduce the cash balance of the capital reserve account. It is recommended that the 2023 proposed assessment should be increased to provide sufficient funds for capital funding, as well as inflationary impacts to operating expenses. The recommendation is for an 8.3% increase, this amount equal to the Estimated CPI for 2022; and the maximum allowed by Section 6.03c of our CC&Rs, without a vote of the Association membership. If approved by the Board, this will increase the 2022 assessment by $2 Dollars per month, per Lot.
- Call for Board Candidates
A call for candidates postcard will be mailed to all homeowners. A call for candidates has also been posted on the HOA website and emailed to all members who have provided email addresses. Two Board seats are vacant for 2023. Todd Fedoruk has agreed to run for another 3-year term.
- 2023 Annual Meeting
The date for the annual meeting is, Tuesday, January 24, 2023, at 5PM. The meeting will be held at the Oro Valley Public Library.
- Annual Meeting on January 24, 2023
ADJOURNMENT – Meeting adjourned approximately 5:30 PM